What are the best ways to set myself up for success in trying to incorporate this work into my life?
Some of the best ways to set yourself up for success for doing this work include:
- Keep all your self-care supplies next to your bed on your nightstand
- Enlist the help of your spouse or close friends to encourage/hold you accountable to doing your self care homework
- Get creative with reminders: examples may include 3×5 cards on the bathroom mirror, set reminder alarms, create a daily/weekly self-care checklist, etc…
- Simplify your life where you can. Try to reduce the amount of stress, items on your to-do list. Say No to others so that you can say Yes to yourself.
- Stay consistent with scheduling your hands-on sessions… (remember that it helps you RELAX too!)